This section describes the product management interface.
- Add product
- Adds a product to the catalog.
- Delete product
- Deletes the current displayed product.
- View product
- Opens the product in a pop-up window to quickly check the appearance of the
product without leaving the LMI.
- Goto product
- Leaves the LMI and goes to customer view of the current displayed
- Product type
- Select box to change the type of the product.
- Only active products are displayed to the customer, can be found, bought
- The name of the product. This is displayed on the title of the product
page, within overviews and as part of the HTML meta title tag.
- The last part of the product’s URL. This must be unique.
- Redirect to
- If the product is not active and this field is filled the user is redirected
to the given URL. This might be useful if your product has been indexed by
search engines but is not available any more. Note: super users are not
- Your unique product id.
- Product manufacturer. If you
have defined more than 20 manufacturers then this field is shown as auto
complete (start typing to see hints).
- SKU manufacturer
- The unique product id of the manufacturer (external SKU).
- The price of the product. Whether this price is considered net or gross
dependents on the selected price calculator for a product (see
- Price unit
- The price unit of the product. This is displayed after the price of the
product within the product detail view and the category products view.
- The tax rate of the product. Whether this is included or excluded
dependents on the selected price calculator for a product (see
This is experimental feature. Use it with care and take notice that
these could be replaced with something different in future.
This is only available for Configurable Products.
If the check box is checked the input field could contain a formula to
calculate the price of a Configurable Product. In this case one can
refer to the values of a property in order to calculate the price.
Generally the formula could contain any valid Python expression which is
able to be evaluated with eval with two additionally tokens.
If an error, occurs the default price of the product is taken.
Refers to the attribute of the current product
Refers to the value of the property with the given <id>
property(15) * product(price)
Which means: take the entered value of the property with the id 15 and
multiply it with the product’s price.
product(price) * property(54) * property(55) + property(56)
Which means: multiply the product’s price with the values of the properties
with ids 54, 55 and add the value of the property with the id 56.
- Price calculator
Determines how the product price is calculated using the product price and
tax stored in the database. If you leave this field blank, your pricing
calculator will default to the shop price calculator.
LFS ships with two pricing calculator methods: Price Includes Tax, which
means the product price in the database includes tax and Price Excludes
Tax, which means the product price in the database excludes tax.
- For sale
If the check box is activated the entered for sale price is active. On all
views the standard price is displayed stroked and the for sale price is
For variants following is true:
- Inherits the for sale state of the base article.
- Variant is for sale.
- Variant is not for sale.
- Quantity field unit
- This is displayed before the quantity field of the product within the
product detail view and after the product amount within cart and order
- Type of quantity field
- There are three types of quantity fields: Integer, which means the
quantity must be an integer and all decimal places are ignored. Decimal
0.1, which means the quantity must be a decimal number with one place and
more decimal places are ignored. Decimal 0.01, which means the quantity
must be a decimal number with two places and more decimal places are ignored.
- Active base price
If this is activated the base price of the product is displayed within
product detail view and category products view.
For variants following is true:
- Inherits the activate base price from the base article. Values for base
price unit and base price amount are taken from the base article.
- Base price is activated. Values for base price unit and base price
amount are taken from the variant.
- Base price is deactivated.
- Base price unit
- This unit is displayed after the base price of the product.
- Base price amount
The amount, which is used to calculate the base price of the product. The
base price of the product is:
base price = price / base price amount
- Short description
- A short description of the product. This is displayed within overviews
like categories or the search result page.
- The detailed description of the product. This is displayed within the
- Static block
- An optional static block which displayed on top of the product view.
- Product template
- The selected product template decides how the content of the product is
Within this tab you can assign categories to the product. To do that just
select all categories the product should be a part of and click on Save
Within this tab you can add images to the product.
Images are displayed on the details view of the product. The first image
is the default image of the product and is also displayed on overviews like
the category detail view or search results view.
- Add images
- Click on the Select images button and select as many images as you want
within your browsers pop-up window. You can use shift click to select a
range of images at once and ctrl (cmd for apple users) click to select
more images. Now click on open to start the upload process. You will now
see a progress bar meanwhile your images are being uploaded.
- Update images
- To update the images just change the Title and the position of all products
you want to change and click on the Update button.
- Move images
- To move images just click on the up or down arrow beside the image.
- Delete Images
- To delete images select the check boxes beside all images you want to delete
and click the Delete button.
Within this tab you can add attachments to the product. They are displayed for
download on the detail view of the product.
- Add Attachments
- Click on the Select files button and select as many attachments as you
want within your browsers pop-up window. You can use shift click to select
a range of images at once and ctrl (cmd for apple users) click to select
more images. Click on select to start the upload process. You will now
see a progress indicator meanwhile your images are being uploaded.
- Update attachments
- To update the images just change the Title and/or the position of all
products you want to change and click on the Update button.
- Move attachments
- To move attachments you just click on the up or down arrows beside the
- Delete attachments
- To delete attachments select the check boxes beside all images you want to
delete and click the Delete button.
Within this tab you can manage the variants of a Product with Variants.
This is only displayed for Products with Variants.
Select all property groups which are supposed to be used to create variants.
After you have selected the property groups you want, you will notice that the
properties of the groups are provided to create variants within the Variants
Only properties with select fields will be taken into account.
Local Properties can be used to create variants without using Property
Groups. To add properties click on the stencil and add properties and property
options. After you add local properties you will note that these are provided to
create variants within the Variants section below.
Local properties can not be used for filtering.
Within this section single variants of the Product with Variants are
- Add Variants
To add variants to the Product with Variants, select the options
combination you want to add and click on the Add Variant(s) button. If
you select all all combinations of this property and its options will be
You can pre-fill several fields of the new variants. All fields can be
- The slugs of the variants will be pre-filled with the slug of the base
product, plus the slug you provide, plus all options of the properties
for which are selected for the variant.
- The name of the variants will be pre-filled with the name you provide.
- The price of the variants will be pre-filled with the price you provide.
- Edit Variants
There are several fields of the variants which you can edit directly on this
section. All others can be edit on the variant detail view.
- The position of the variant within the list view.
- If checked the variant is displayed.
- The URL of the variant
- The SKU of th variant. This is only taken if the check box on the left
is checked. Otherwise the SKU of the base product is taken.
- The name of th variant. This is only taken if the check box on the left
is checked. Otherwise the name of the base product is taken.
- The price of th variant. This is only taken if the check box on the left
is checked. Otherwise the price of the base product is taken.
- The default variant, which pre-selected when the product is displayed.
To save changed variants click on the Save button.
- Delete Variants
- To delete variants select all check boxes of the variants you want to delete
and click on the Delete button.
The category variant determines which variant is displayed within the category
- Displays the above selected default variant
- Cheapest Price
- Displays the variant with the cheapest price
- Cheapest Base Price
- Displays the variant with the cheapest base price
- Cheapest Prices
- Displays the variant with the cheapest price and cheapest base price
- Explicit Variant
- Displays selected variant (all variants are provided for selection by name and
The display type determines how variants are displayed within the product detail
- All existing variants are displayed within a list.
All properties are displayed as select boxes with the property options as
If the customer selects a combination, which doesn’t exist he will get
a message which says so.
Within this tab you can manage the accessories
of a product.
Within the Selectable Products section select all check box beside the
product you want to add as accessory to the product and click on Add To
You can filter the selectable products by name and category with the input
fields on top of the Selectable Products section.
Within the Selected Products section change the values you want and click
on Save accessories.
- The position within the product. Lower numbers are displayed first.
- The entered quantity is displayed next to the accessory. The shop customer
can only add the given quantity to the cart.
Within the Selected Products section select all check boxes beside the
products you want to remove from the product and click on Remove From
Within this tab you can manage all stock related information of the product,
like the dimension, stock amount and delivery dates.
The values of the product which are considered shipping relevant, i.e. the
product within its package.
- The weight of the product.
- The height of the product.
- The width of the product.
- The length of the product.
- If this is deactivated the product is not deliverable at all. The shop
customer sees the product but he is not able to add the product to the
- Manual delivery time
- By default the delivery time is calculated automatically by the currently
valid shipping method for a product. With this field the shop owner can
overwrite this behavior and can put in a manual delivery time.
- Manage stock amount
- If this is checked the stock amount will be decreased when the product
has been bought. Additionally the maximum amount which can be bought is
the number in Stock amount (see below).
- Stock amount
- The available amount of the product in stock.
- Order time
- Duration from ordering the product to being in stock again (when it is out
- Ordered at
- The date when the shop owner has ordered the product.
If Order time and Order at is given the total delivery time is
calculated based on this two fields and the default Delivery time.
- Active packing
If this is checked the product can only be sold in packings.
For variants following is true:
- Inherits the packing state from the base article. Values for packing
amount and packing unit are taken from the base article.
- Packing is activated. Values for packing amount and packing unit
are taken from the variant.
- Packing is deactivated.
- Packing amount
- Amount of products per packing.
- Packing unit:
- The unit of the packing. This is displayed after the packing amount.
This tab is used to optimize the product for search engines. One can enter data
for all usual HTML meta data fields. However LFS provides some reasonable
default values for all fields.
- Meta title
- This is displayed within the meta title tag of the product’s detail
view. By default the name of the product is used.
- Meta keywords
- This is displayed within the meta keywords tag of the product’s detail
view. By default the short description of the product is used.
- Meta description
- This is displayed within the meta description tag of the product’s
detail view. By default the short description of the product is used.
Following placeholders can be used within these fields:
- The name of the product.
- The short description of the product (only within meta keywords and meta
This tab is used to assign portlets to the product.
- Blocked parent slots
- By default portlets are inherited from the current category. To block
portlets check the regarding slots and click on the Save blocked parent
- Here you can see all directly assigned portlets to the product. In order to
edit a portlet click on row of the portlet. In order to delete a portlet
click on the red cross beside the portlet. You can also change the position
of the portlets by clicking on the up and down arrows beside the portlets.
- Add new portlet
- In order to add a portlet to the product select the type of portlet and
click on Add portlet.
This tab is used to assign properties to the product (via property groups)
and add values to them.
To do that select the Property groups you want to assign to the product and
click on Update property groups. Then enter the values for the properties
you want and click on Update properties.
Dependent on the kind of the property you can add values for the default value,
the filter value and the displayed value.